Check out Milanto's latest updates:
After last years rather exhausting transatlantic the decision was made to return Milanto on the BBC Tennessee using the services of Peters and May. Next time we meet up she will be in Genoa ETA 17 days
So first of all they wanted us to leave in the afternoon and then it was decided, quite sensibly, that there was no point leaving two hours before sundown with winds gusting [even if the boats could have managed to get out of the marina]. As it was some have had their hull paint chipped, having been pushing against the mooring last night.
I have just finished a wonderful 10 days with a great family from Milan sailing around the Costa Smeralda. Received the cutest video to thank me - the youngest son wants me to bring Milanto up the Naviglio... think there might be some technical problems with that one!